Aerospace Trade Compliance Services including, but not limited to:
Daily compliance assistance to the import/export department of a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of commercial helicopters; fixed-wing aircraft; spare parts and maintenance, repair and overhaul services for helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft; and civil helicopter operations:
- Review freight forwarder entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine proper U.S. import (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) and U.S. export (Export Control Classification Number) classifications for original equipment parts and accessories. Create and maintain a database of end-items and parts that have been classified by Addison-Clifton.
- Twelve-hour expediting of special requests and order alerts to minimize general order status by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Utilize a database of over 50,000 aerospace end-items and parts that have been classified by Addison-Clifton.
- On-site meetings with staff and subject matter experts for data clarifications and compliance awareness.
- Contact manufacturers for specific details regarding products and accessories, such as (but not limited to) radar, flight control computers, camera and imaging systems, engine components, rate gyros, equipment management systems and accelerometers.
- Create tools (e.g., a part number breakdown chart used to identify the system, location on the aircraft and type of part based on the part number structure).
Contract negotiations and monitoring for specialized equipment and piloting of aircraft in unique environments:
- Advisor between foreign governments or entities and suppliers.
- Supply chain compliance advisor documenting the steps in a process, monitoring completion and minimizing risk with proper classifications and licensing at various stages.
- Develop global partnerships in products and services.
- Monitor the U.S. and non-U.S. Government Aviation Administration for Airworthiness Directives on specific aircraft involved in the project.