Specialty Manufacturing Trade Compliance Services including, but not limited to:
Weekly compliance assistance within the engineering department to support import/export compliance of a world leader in mechanical drive gas engines for power generation. Applications include compression, drill rigs and pressure pumping with outputs of 0.1 kilowatt to 4 megawatts of power generation:
- Determine proper U.S. import (Harmonized Tariff Schedule (“HTS”)) and U.S. export (Export Control Classification Number (“ECCN”)) classifications for original equipment parts and accessories. Create and maintain a database of over 1,000 parts that have been classified by Addison-Clifton.
- Search for applicable rulings to establish rationale for classifications.
- Request and review Commodity Classification Automated Tracking System data.
- Contact suppliers for additional information necessary for proper classifications.
- Provide staff training regarding compliance responsibilities.
- Establish tables and charts for quick identification of product materials and functions for classifications.
Prototype product review services provided to sporting goods and clothing industry:
- Identify product compliance certification requirements for sale in foreign markets.
- Review for Federal Communications Commission licensing requirements.
- Classify products and accessories to identify duty and other related costs during the import and export process.
- Perform audits of shipments that identify classification accuracy and unique requirements for specialty materials, fabrics and furs.
Case-by-case compliance services provided by Addison-Clifton that address specific compliance challenges that are unique to its clients:
- Import and export classifications. Addison-Clifton has classified over 100,000 end-items and related parts and components.
- Deemed exports.
- Denied party screening.
- Anti-dumping violations.
- Database reviews after release of new HTS or ECCN revisions.
- Duty drawback.
- Boycott language.
Product analysis for global compliance provided to industry leaders in the manufacture of tooling, transmissions, firefighting equipment and architectural products in healthcare, hospitality, education and commercial applications:
- Evaluate the business model, interview staff and identify compliance risks.
- Create processes and policies, provide training and assist with implementation.
- Review product classifications for import and export.
Compliance guidance to a world leader in the area of custom biopharmaceutical development and manufacture:
- Evaluate processing methods and forms of transportation to meet government import and export requirements.
- Assist with licensing requirements.
- Minimize costs related to tariffs and fees.